Our diverse and dynamic team enjoys competitive compensation packages and leadership opportunities for each team member. We seek creative and passionate individuals who will uniquely add to the Chamber’s mission in making San Diego the most business-friendly region in California. If interested in joining our team, please take a look at the following positions and submit your cover letter and resume to Dana Stafford, Executive Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SDRCC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The San Diego Chamber of Commerce offers several unpaid internships within our International Business Affairs, Marketing & Events, Membership and Public Policy departments on a rolling basis. Candidates must be eligible to earn school credit through their respective universities. For students pursuing a career in these industries, this is an invaluable opportunity to gain practical work experience. Interns should have the ability to conduct independent research and prepare cogent and well-written reports in a timely manner with minimal supervision. If interested, please email Dana Stafford, Executive Director of Human Resources Director, at email@example.com.
Marketing & Events Intern »
The Chamber’s Marketing & Events Department produces about 60 events and workshops annually, ranging from small meetings up to 1000-person events. Types of events include networking events, policy-related meetings and speakers series, member benefit workshops, and business/policy signature events. This department also manages promotional efforts for those events through web, email and print marketing.
Internship Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support to the Marketing & Events and Communications Departments.
- Assists with all aspects of event production on an as needed basis, including but not limited to: set-up, breakdown and cleanup, registration lists, online registration management, flyer creation, and other marketing materials using MS Office, design software such as Adobe Photoshop, and Salesforce CRM system.
- Attends all Chamber events to assist with on-site event registration (some events occur outside of normal business hours).
- Develop a manual/instruction booklet as he/she becomes proficient in tasks, in order to help transition in new interns.
- Draft various Chamber communications such as newsletters, social media posts, website copy, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This is an unpaid position. Students must be eligible to earn academic credit for the internship through their university’s internship program office. Interns will be expected to work a minimum of ten to fifteen hours per week for ten to twelve weeks
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, MS Office Suite, social media, knowledge of mail merge a plus.
- Ability to write business correspondence.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow through.