- This event has passed.
Disaster Preparedness Academy
March 3 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Did you know that:
- 74% of small businesses don’t have a disaster recovery plan?
- Up to 40% of businesses never reopen following a major disaster?
- Only 7% of San Diego residents consider themselves well-prepared for a disaster?
Join the American Red Cross and the San Diego Regional Chamber for the third annual Disaster Preparedness Academy.
Participants will gain valuable skills and insights necessary to protect your business, employees, family and community from the potential impacts of disasters or emergencies.
Interactive topics presented by the American Red Cross Business Leadership Council and other community experts and instructors:
- The First 72 Hours | Ron Lane, County of San Diego + Mike Davis, Office of Emergency Services
- Cyber Security Measures | Dr. Winnie Callahan, University of San Diego
- Disaster Communication Strategies | Gayle Falkenthal, Falcon Valley Group
- Active Threat Response | Jeff Hulson, Barney & Barney + Ty Smith, Vigilance Risk Solutions
- Emergency Drill Scenarios | George Condon, San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
- Panel Discussion | Employee Preparedness Engagement
- Hands-on Disaster Kit Building
Registration and breakfast will start at 8:00 am, with the program beginning at 8:30 am. Lunch will be provided.
Date: March 3, 2017
Time: 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
SDG&E Energy Innovation Center
4760 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92117
Click for map/directions
Contact for Program Logistics: Megan Blanek
Contact for Registration Questions: Conor Hulett
Individual Ticket (Chamber Member): $55
Individual Ticket (Non-Member): $65
Parking is complimentary in the lot at the SDG&E Energy Innovation Center.
Online registration is now closed. However, walk-ins are welcome. We hope to see you there.