The San Diego Regional Jobs Strategy is an unprecedented coalition led by the San Diego Regional Chamber Foundation, in partnership with the City of San Diego, County of San Diego, and San Diego Association of Governments, and nearly 70 of the region’s business organizations. The coalition is focused on driving economic growth and job creation for the entire Cali-Baja region.
Most job creation efforts tend to be designed around municipal or other political borders. Yet, regional economies are defined by monetary transactions, commute patterns and relationships. So, this effort takes a broad and inclusive view of job creation to create the most benefit for the region as a whole.
Jobs Strategy Final Products
Our data-driven initiative began in early 2016 and over the next nine months worked to identify opportunities for collaboration and best practices for job creation. In February 2017, the partners issued a Regional Jobs Strategy Final Report. This Final Report truly represents a unified vision for job creation and includes a clear and direct strategy for leveraging the region’s resources and aligning initiatives.
Leading up to the final report, the coalition marked several milestones with the release of critical information that helped to shape the final report. Following the final report several additional studies have been released including an update to the suite of dashboards:
- Supporting Working Families: Assessing Strategies for Increasing Employer-Provided Benefits – Dashboard – December 2019
- Millennials at Work: The Purpose-Driven Generation – Dashboard – May 2019
- Employers’ Impressions of Veterans – November 2017
- Veteran Employment in San Diego – November 2017
- 2017 Regional Jobs Strategy Dashboard Update – October 2017
- 2017 Jobs Strategy Presentation – October 2017
- Housing Scorecard – July 2017
- Job Strategy Presentation – April 2017
- Regional Jobs Strategy – Final Report – February 2017
- Traded Industry Clusters in the San Diego Region: 2016 Data Update – March 2016
- Business and Tax Climate Dashboard – August 2016
- Standard of Living – September 2016
- Affordability Dashboard – September 2016
The group of participating organizations in the Regional Jobs Strategy initiative is growing and currently includes: