This committee focuses on our region’s critical needs. Infrastructure, housing and land use are vital business issues and closely interconnected to the region’s growth and development. As interest coalesces around greater impacts and investments in these areas, it is essential the Chamber take a leadership role in driving and molding these discussions.
The Infrastructure, Housing and Land Use Committee meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 a.m. at the Chamber office located at 402 West Broadway, #1000.
If you’re interested in learning more about our policy committees or would like to join the Infrastructure, Housing and Land Use Committee, contact Stefanie Benvenuto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Infrastructure, Housing and Land Use Committee addresses public policy decisions concerning the built environment in which our region lives and works. Priorities of this Committee include housing affordability which impacts employee attraction and retention, the protection of prime industrial land and the transportation system that connects everything. The committee has recently updated the Chamber’s Housing Action Plan providing specific policy recommendations to make housing more affordable for everyone.
- Support for the City of San Diego’s Density Bonus
- Support for Revisions to the City of San Diego Impact Fees
- Support for the 10th Update to the Land Development Code
- Opposed AB 219 (Daly) Public Works: Concrete Delivery
- Support for the Airport Development Plan
- Opposed Assembly Bill 504 (Gonzalez) Local Planning
- Cecily Way of the California High Speed Rail Authority updated the committee on the progress of the High Speed Rail project.
- Dr. Lynn Reaser of the Fermanian Business & Economic Institute at Point Loma Nazarene University joined the committee to discuss her recent study Opening San Diego’s Door to Lower Housing Costs.“
- Muggs Stoll, Director of Land Use & Transportation Planning for the regional planning agency SANDAG brought a presentation on the SANDAG Regional Plan ”San Diego Forward” to the committee.
Other Documents of Interest
- Facts & Implications of Not Meeting Regional Housing Demand White Paper by The London Group
- Home Business Regulations Reform
- Sample committee meeting agenda
Current committee members
Chair: Rikki Schroeder
Vice Chairs: Kathi Riser & Alberto Vela