The Infrastructure, Housing and Land Use Committee addresses public policy decisions concerning the built environment in which our region lives and works. Priorities of this Committee including housing affordability which impacts employee attraction and retention, major land use development and the transportation system that connects everything.
The Infrastructure, Housing and Land Use Committee meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 a.m. at the Chamber office located at 402 West Broadway, Suite 1000.
If you’re interested in learning more about our policy committees or would like to join the Infrastructure, Housing and Land Use Committee, contact Stefanie Benvenuto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Focus Statement:
The Chamber’s Infrastructure, Housing & Land Use Committee is focused on maintaining and improving regional infrastructure, housing affordability and land uses which promote business and economic development.
2019 Policy Platform:
The Chamber’s Infrastructure, Housing & Land Use Committee is committed to supporting local, state and federal legislation that:
- Supports efforts to increase the supply of all types of housing by reducing regulatory delay, costs and other unnecessary impediments to building additional units with the understanding that a shortage of units in any income group impact housing affordability and access to housing across all price points; and
- Accommodates the region’s projected population growth by including business-friendly policies and anticipated technological improvements in infrastructure, housing, planning, funding, maintenance and improvement;
- Advances innovation and private investment in broadband networks by promoting light touch regulation of the interstate processing of information;
- Provides solutions to mobility and goods movement challenges in the region; and
- Continues to encourage economic growth, housing and development in locations where infrastructure is available or can be easily provided, utilizing a variety of different transportation modes.
Current committee members
Chair: Rikki Schroeder
Vice Chairs: Matthew Boomhower, Kathi Riser, Angela Shafer-Payne & Alberto Vela