- This event has passed.
Chamber Academy – Mission Valley
April 10 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
The San Diego Regional Chamber Introduces:
NEW FREE WORKSHOPS, hosted by DeVry University, and taught by DeVry faculty!
The Chamber is excited to partner with DeVry University to bring valuable workshop content geared to the entrepreneur/small business owner.
- This is a tremendous opportunity to increase business acumen and expertise, as an included membership benefit and no additional cost to your business.
- In addition to personal, professional development, Chamber members are encouraged to use Chamber Academy workshops to develop staff – groom future managers, cross-train employees, build company morale!
- Workshop format is (Brown Bag) Lunch & Learn-style with a short period allocated to member-networking.
Basic Finance: Steering a small business in the right direction. Presented by Professor Stanley Hong, DeVry University.
This presentation will include information on such topics as: how to choose business entity type, record keeping best practices, the importance of separation of incompatible duties, employee vs. independent contractor classification, and those potential items on an income tax return that could increase the likelihood of a tax audit, as well as what to expect in an audit.
Professor Stanley Hong is a Certified Public Accountant and an accounting professor at DeVry University. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and a Master of Accounting degree. Both degrees were earned from the University of Southern California. He has served as a controller and chief financial officer for various companies. In addition, he has also represented business owners in audits before the Internal Revenue Service, Employment Development Department, and the State Board of Equalization.
Series One: Business Foundations
- Basic Finance: Steering a small business in the right direction, April 2019
- Time Management: Strategies in a Digital World, May 2019
- Effective Communication: Articulating Your Business Mission, June 2019
SDRCC Completion Certificate will be awarded to attendees who complete all three workshops in a series.
Date: April 10, 2019
Time: 11:30 AM. – 1:00 PM.
2655 Camino Del Rio North Suite 360
San Diego, CA 92108
Click for map/directions
This event is complimentary for Chamber members. Not a Chamber member? Please contact our Membership Department at 619-544-1337.
(Please enter the email address associated with your membership account.)