- This event has passed.
Deadline to Join Civics Engagement Academy
July 15, 2016
Attention all current and future community and business leaders! Do you need to develop your leadership, communication and conflict resolution skills to make a positive impact on your community? Apply now to attend this one of a kind experience created specifically for San Diego county high school seniors.
The Academy will bring together 30 students over 3-4 Saturdays during October 2016 to provide you with the necessary tools for productive engagement in education, the work place, your community and the democratic processes. Instructors will include business leaders, judges, elected officials, lawyers and educators. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to bolster your skills and get ready for college and the workplace. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance by late July to allow seniors to include Academy attendance on their college applications.
Be prepared to answer the following:
- Basic info like who you are.
- Why are you applying to the Academy?
- Tell us a little about yourself i.e. extracurricular activities and special interests.
- Have you taking the following courses: Government, Civic or Peer Mediation
- Have you had any internships or worked on community service hours? If so, where and what did you do?
- What other course work have you completed at school that will assist you in this Academy?
To apply, visit the application page here at https://membercentral.wufoo.com/forms/z18qwldc06jjlty/.