- This event has passed.
Webinar Series: Leading in a New Reality
June 10 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Ask The Experts
Presented by LEAD San Diego in partnership with JONES
Last week we heard from Steven Jones and Starla Lewis, two leaders and teachers who helped us process this moment in our country and how we can take action. Dr. Jones and Professor Lewis will be back on Wednesday to answer your questions on racism in America in a special “Ask the Experts” session, driven solely by audience questions.
Whether you don’t fully understand the dimensions of what is happening and don’t know what to say or do, or you want guidance on how to discuss your experience with friends and colleagues, this session is for you. All questions are welcome in this conversation.
As requested during our last program, we have compiled a reading list and a list of organizations to support.
Recommended reading list:
- How to Be an Antiracist, by Ibram X. Kendi
- Between the World the World and Me, by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- A People’s History of the United States, by Howard Zinn
- Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria: And Other Conversations About Race, by Beverly Daniel Tatum
- How to Be an Inclusive Leader, by Jennifer Brown
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindedness, by Michelle Alexander
San Diego organizations to support:
- The Blue Heart Foundation
- Paving Great Futures
- Reality Changers
- STEAM Collaborative
- San Diego Central Black Chamber
- NAACP, San Diego Branch
- RISE San Diego
This is the eighth webinar in our series, Leading in a New Reality. Watch the previous episodes:
- The New Normal
- Boundaries & Schedules
- Strengths at Work
- Leading Through Crisis
- Managing Mental Health & Emotional Balance Through Uncertainty
- Community Service During Crisis: How to Serve at a Distance (AUDIO ONLY)
- Turning Point