The SANDAG iCommute program is offering a total of $30,000 in grants for programs that promote biking as an excellent option for commuting! Eligible applicants include: local government, nonprofit, and community-based organizations; colleges and universities; business improvement districts; main districts; and chambers of commerce. Organizations with an innovative idea for promoting bike transportation can use the grant to turn their ideas into reality! Creative ideas include:
- Community rides, bike scavenger hunts, or guided bike tours,
- Bike maintenance and safety classes,
- “Bike to Business” promotions in a neighborhood business district,
- “Bike to Work” or “Bike to Campus” events,
- Campaigns or contests that promote bike riding, or
- Bike valets at bike-related community events – the possibilities are endless.
To apply, complete a mini-grant application on the iCommute Bike Month website.