Our diverse and dynamic team enjoys competitive compensation packages and leadership opportunities for each team member. We seek creative and passionate individuals who will uniquely add to the Chamber’s mission in making San Diego the most business-friendly region in California. If interested in joining our team, please take a look at the following positions and submit your cover letter and resume to Dana Stafford, Executive Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Supports the Communications Director by managing, executing and ensuring optimization on all aspects of digital marketing, media, and communications execution. Assists with and coordinates various aspects of Marketing, Communications, and Events related activities including email marketing, social media, landing page design, regular website updates, content creation, web design, media relations, guest registration, customer service, etc. Collaborates with others in the organization to achieve brand consistency, coordination of messages, and the highest standards for external communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and manage quarterly digital marketing campaigns inclusive of timetables, marketing deliverables, and execution
- Work closely with the Directors of Communications, Membership, and Chamber affiliate LEAD San Diego, to define objectives for brand awareness, lead generation, and conversions
- Manage creation, production, and distribution of all online communications and social media to support marketing of Chamber and LEAD events and programs including approximately four e-newsletters per month ranging in topic from events promotion to updates on public policy
- Manage video production projects and facilitate Facebook Live broadcasts
- Utilize social media budget to implement PPC advertising, A/B testing and create reports on performance and ROI
- Manage website advertising program and implementation
- Create and edit content for SEO and coordinate SEO projects including keyword research, technical audits, link building, onsite content creation, and offsite SEO strategy
- Use Salesforce, Google Analytics, Meltwater, Falcon, etc. to measure and report performance of all digital marketing and communications activities through real-time dashboards and regular reports
- Support Communications Director in tasks including (but not limited to) coordinating media events, drafting talking points and press releases, creating communications dashboards for Management Council & Board meetings
- Produce promotional and marketing materials for Chamber departments such as event landing pages, committee/group web pages, sponsorship packages and other marketing materials
- Support Marketing & Events team with event support, answering phone inquiries and assisting with event troubleshooting
- Manage all aspects of Chamber website and online content creation
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Interacts frequently with staff, general public, and Chamber members in person, by telephone or through correspondence.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field strongly preferred.
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, metrics and tracking, as well as expertise in engagement across all social platforms
- Experience utilizing Social Media as a marketing medium strongly preferred
- Web publishing experience
- Ability to write HTML code a plus
- Experience managing communications through website planning, management and production
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), publishing and design software (Photoshop, Publisher, InDesign) web platform (WordPress), email marketing platform (MailChimp), and database similar to Salesforce.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and professionalism in dealing with staff, vendors, customers, and the public.
- Ability to write solicitation letters, invitations, marketing materials and business correspondence.
- Ability to proofread all printed and electronic material (fliers, invitations, etc.).
- Strong project and time management skills to meet event and production deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to effectively work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and writing samples to Dana Stafford, Executive Director of Human Resources at email@example.com
SDRCC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The San Diego Chamber of Commerce offers several unpaid internships within our International Business Affairs, Marketing & Events, Membership and Public Policy departments on a rolling basis. Candidates must be eligible to earn school credit through their respective universities. For students pursuing a career in these industries, this is an invaluable opportunity to gain practical work experience. Interns should have the ability to conduct independent research and prepare cogent and well-written reports in a timely manner with minimal supervision. If interested, please email Dana Stafford, Executive Director of Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing & Events Intern
The Chamber’s Marketing & Events Department produces about 60 events and workshops annually, ranging from small meetings up to 1000-person events. Types of events include networking events, policy-related meetings and speakers series, member benefit workshops, and business/policy signature events. This department also manages promotional efforts for those events through web, email and print marketing.
Internship Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support to the Marketing & Events and Communications Departments.
- Assists with all aspects of event production on an as needed basis, including but not limited to: set-up, breakdown and cleanup, registration lists, online registration management, flyer creation, and other marketing materials using MS Office, design software such as Adobe Photoshop, and Salesforce CRM system.
- Attends all Chamber events to assist with on-site event registration (some events occur outside of normal business hours).
- Develop a manual/instruction booklet as he/she becomes proficient in tasks, in order to help transition in new interns.
- Draft various Chamber communications such as newsletters, social media posts, website copy, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This is an unpaid position. Students must be eligible to earn academic credit for the internship through their university’s internship program office. Interns will be expected to work a minimum of ten to fifteen hours per week for ten to twelve weeks
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, MS Office Suite, social media, knowledge of mail merge a plus.
- Ability to write business correspondence.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow through.
Public Policy Intern
The San Diego Chamber of Commerce is a dynamic place to witness the nexus of public policy and commerce. Every month our members take action regarding proposed legislation, regulation and issues that affect business expansion and job creation. The Public Policy Department’s committee structure provides valuable insight and information upon which the Chamber relies to form positions on the important issues of the day.
Chamber Public Policy internships are available that provide insight and experience on public policy issues and the business community. Interns are responsible for tracking committee discussion and actions as well as researching and preparing committee staff and members with the information they need to lead commerce-related public policy in San Diego.
Interns will research and prepare policy positions on such matters as state and local ballot propositions, taxation, regional transportation, public finance, performance of governmental agencies and major public works projects. By participating in substantive discussions with various agencies, interns will gain a clear understanding of the structure and process of the many layers of San Diego county governance. For those students pursing a career in public policy/administration or government affairs, this is an invaluable opportunity to gain practical work experience.
During the program, interns will periodically meet with Board Members and public officials representing a variety of political agencies. Interns will also be invited to participate in various committees and special events.
This is an unpaid position. Students must be eligible to earn academic credit for the internship through their university’s internship program office.
Interns should have the ability to conduct independent research and prepare cogent and well-written reports in a timely manner with minimal supervision; understanding of local issues and policy-making processes is helpful.
Interns will be expected to work a minimum of ten to fifteen hours per week for ten to twelve weeks.