August 18, 2015
Our diverse and dynamic team enjoys competitive compensation packages and leadership opportunities for each team member. We seek creative and passionate individuals who will uniquely add to the Chamber’s mission of making the San Diego region the best place to live and work.
If interested in joining our team, please take a look at the following positions and submit your cover letter and resume to Dana Stafford, Executive Director of Operations & Human Resources, at email@example.com.
MEMBER RELATIONS MANAGER
The Member Relations Manager (MRM) is responsible for promoting the benefits of membership within the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce in order to recruit new members, cultivate relationships with existing members and increase the level of member engagement to facilitate membership upgrades and sponsorships.
Please send a resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: Membership Sales
Reports to: Executive Director, Membership
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform active outreach to businesses in the San Diego region to communicate the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce value proposition in order to develop new memberships with the Chamber.
- Research prospects for new membership through databases, telephone, electronic and personal contact.
- Proactively seek referrals from client base and follow up on all leads that are assigned from web inquiries, call-ins and visits to the Chamber’s offices.
- Maintain active relationships with assigned members to encourage participation in Chamber activities in order to maximize the value of their membership and encourage renewal on an annual basis.
- Follow up on past due membership collections on existing accounts as well as for accounts assigned by the Executive Director, Membership.
- Draft correspondence and prepare and send out Chamber information to potential members and existing members.
- Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
- Heavy emphasis on outbound communication and business development to attract new clients, with weekly and monthly contact goals.
- Proactively seek upgrades from current members.
- Maintain detailed account records in Salesforce.com for all activity with assigned accounts and ensure that all information related to the account is updated on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with various departments as necessary to fulfill membership benefits.
- Help to facilitate growth of Business Alliance Groups and other programs through sales process and member follow through.
- Join and regularly attend at least one Business Alliance Group monthly.
- Attend and participate in Chamber and other events, as requested.
- Responsible for abiding by the sales team’s “Standards and Procedures”.
- Ensure that new members are accurately included in the 30-day communication cycle.
- Participate in weekly membership sales meeting.
- Keep membership information current and accurate whenever possible by communicating with members and making appropriate database corrections.
- Increase membership retention by improving relationships with customers and facilitating the fulfillment of their membership needs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-4 years of sales experience in B2B or membership environment with demonstrated record of achieving assigned sales goals.
- Participation in member events and meetings that sometimes occur in the evening.
- Proficiency with MS Office and preferred exposure to a relational or customer relation management database.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to include exceptional phone communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and professionalism in dealing with staff and the public.
- Perform basic mathematical computations.
- Possess strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to write business correspondence and other documents.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and project deadlines.
SDRCC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The San Diego Chamber of Commerce offers several unpaid internships within our International Business Affairs, Marketing & Events, Membership, and Public Policy departments on a rolling basis. Candidates must be eligible to earn school credit through their respective universities. For students pursuing a career in these industries, this is an invaluable opportunity to gain practical work experience. Interns should have the ability to conduct independent research and prepare cogent and well-written reports in a timely manner with minimal supervision. If interested, please email Dana Stafford, Executive Director of Operations & Human Resources, at email@example.com.
External Affairs Intern
Internship Contact Name: Dana Stafford
Contact Title: Executive Director, Operations & Human Resources
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship Type: Unpaid, college credit required
The San Diego Chamber of Commerce is a dynamic place to witness the nexus of public policy and commerce. Every month our members take action regarding proposed legislation, regulation and issues that affect business expansion and job creation. The Public Policy Department’s committee structure provides valuable insight and information upon which the Chamber relies to form positions on the important issues of the day.
Chamber Public Policy internships are available that provide insight and experience on public policy issues and the business community. Interns are responsible for tracking committee discussion and actions as well as researching and preparing committee staff and members with the information they need to lead commerce-related public policy in San Diego.
• Report directly to the Policy & Research Coordinator
• Work closely with other interns and policy department staff
• Research and prepare policy positions on such matters as state and local ballot propositions, taxation, regional transportation, public finance, performance of governmental agencies, and major public works projects
• Draft monthly Chamber Policy Newsletter with relevant information
• Attend public meetings that correspond to policy positions, as directed
• Prepare “clippings” of relevant local, state, and federal policy news and updates
• Draft correspondence to business leaders and elected officials
• Assist in administrative duties
• Compile data and research
• Conduct long term and short term projects
• Make phone calls
• Assist with preparation for policy committees and coordination of meetings and events
• Maintain an orderly workspace
• Ability to attend early morning meetings (arrival time: 7:15 am)
• Ability to successfully interact with governmental and elected offices
• Ability to conduct independent research
• Ability to prepare cogent, well-written reports in a timely manner with minimal supervision
• Possess suitable time-management skills
• Understanding of local issues and policy-making processes a plus
• Must be able to work a minimum of ten to fifteen hours per week for ten to twelve weeks
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to Dana Stafford (above). Interview required.