More than 700 individuals took part in the San Diego Regional Chamber’s 4th Annual Get Fit San Diego 30-Day Challenge, logging a total of 12,651 hours of activity. The Challenge, sponsored by Kaiser Permanente, ran from January 11 to February 9 to encourage employees and businesses in San Diego to commit to a healthy lifestyle for 30 days and beyond.
At the start of the Challenge, participants selected one of three divisions to compete in based on fitness level: “Back on the Wagon,” “Average Joes,” and “Fitness Buffs.” Throughout the Challenge participants joined weekly activity challenges and photo contests while tracking their daily exercise, nutrition and wellness to earn Thrive points. The individuals and teams with the most Thrive points at the end of the 30 days were awarded a prize.
- Over 700 individuals participated, representing more than 155 businesses and organizations
- Total minutes of exercise: 759,051
- Total pounds lost: 569
- Top five activities: Walking, running, hiking, weight lifting (power), and biking
2016 Get Fit Winners
“Back on the Wagon” division:
- Individual: Jennifer Carney
- Team: Psomas, a sustainable engineering firm
“Average Joes” division:
- Individual: Berni Meyer
- Team: Kineticom, a telecommunications and IT staffing agency
“Fitness Buffs” division:
- Individual: Jessica Deree
- Team: Kineticom (again, wow!)
Thank you to everyone who participated, in particular to our Challenge spnonsor, Kaiser Permanente. For more photos from the Challenge, visit our album on Facebook or check out the #GetFitSD hashtag on Twitter.