June 9, 2016
The following content is from our latest Policy Update newsletter. To get these updates directly to your inbox, sign up here.
The Chamber team wishes to congratulate all of our endorsed candidates on a successful election! We’ve listed the results of our endorsed candidates below.
Please note that these results are still unofficial; as of June 13 at 5 PM, there were still 170,000 provisional ballots left to be counted, and San Diego’s District 1 results are still pending. For the full updated list, click here.
- Scott Peters, 52nd District: Secured a majority with 58.28 percent of votes
- Greg Cox, Supervisor, District 1: Secured 100 percent of votes
- Kristin Gaspar, District 1: Secured 33.94 percent of votes, and will run in the November election
- Kevin Faulconer, Mayor: Secured a majority with 58.78 percent of votes
- Ray Ellis, District 1: Secured 34 percent of votes, and will run in the November election
- Mark Kersey, District 5: Secured a majority with 71.24 percent of votes
Baja California Election Results:
While San Diego conducted its own municipal elections, Mexico also celebrated the results of their municipal and state elections. The Partido de Acción Nacional (PAN) party, which represents Mexico’s more conservative and free enterprise-minded policy leaders, gained leadership of seven out of twelve states.
Baja California’s election determined the state legislators and mayors of Ensenada, Mexicali, Playas de Rosarito, Tecate and our neighboring city of Tijuana. It is important to note that the City of Tijuana has now gained PAN leadership which reflects the Baja State Governor’s party.
The Chamber team congratulates all newly elected officials regardless of party affiliation, and look forward to working collaboratively on common goals to strengthen the overall Cali-Baja mega-region.
For the full list of results, click here (Spanish).
|Marco Antonio Novelo Osuna
|Gustavo Sánchez Vásquez
|Playas de Rosarito
|Mirna Cecilia Rincón Vargas
|Nereida Fuentes González
|Juan Manuel Gastélum Buenrostro