Paola Avila, VP of International Business Affairs and Leadership Development, participated as a panelist at the “Leading the Way: A New Approach to American Immigration Conference” held in Washington D.C. on October 4th. She spoke about how communities from both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border are interconnected, and policies related to the border’s most important businesses.
Paola was joined on the panel by
- Art Acevedo, Chief of the Houston Police Department
- Edward Alden, Bernard L. Schwartz Senior Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations
- Sarah Goldfeder, Principal, Earnscliffe Strategy Group and Council of the Great Lakes Region
- Arturo Sarukhan, International Strategic Consultant and Former Mexican Ambassador to the U.S.
- Alfredo Corchado, Mexico Border Correspondent with the Dallas Morning News, who served as panel moderator