Each year, members of the Impact San Diego class are divided into Leadership Action Teams (LATs). Each LAT is matched with a local nonprofit agency that can benefit from its team members’ expertise and leadership to accomplish an individualized project.
We launched Leadership Action Team projects in 2004 to provide Impact participants with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience while making a lasting community impact. Over the years we’ve provided pro-bono consulting to 90 nonprofits throughout the San Diego region. We are now accepting RFPs for our Impact Class of 2019. To give some context, here are a few examples of LAT projects over the past 15 years, all of which have great success stories:
- Junior Achievement of San Diego County (2006) – established a volunteer recruitment and training plan
- Stepping Stone of San Diego ( 2009) – Conducted a feasibility study for two potential business enterprises
- San Diego Rescue Mission (2013) – Performed a feasibility study for a day care center for children of the homeless
- Vets’ Community Connections (2016) – Developed a plan to retain current members and expand new members
- Ocean Connectors (2015) – Developed a strategic plan to identify new partners & engage the skills of local leaders
If your nonprofit organization is interested in submitting a proposal for a Leadership Action Team project for the Impact Class of 2019, please complete and submit the RFP by Friday, September 21.