November 30, 2018
PRIDE Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving individuals with intellectual disabilities to live in a home of their choosing. PRIDE Inc. believes that all people have the right to live independently, make an impact on their community, and share in the social, cultural and economic benefits and responsibilities of being fully participating members of their community.
PRIDE, Inc. recognizes that all people are unique in their personality, capabilities, and desires. We also believe that regardless of the nature or severity of disability, each individual is entitled to the dignity, respect and self-esteem associated with participating in their community on his or her own terms.
It is the aim of PRIDE, Inc. to provide a program which is consistent with the overall philosophy and policy of the State of California Department of Developmental Services in which each individual should:
- Have lifestyles and living situations like individuals without intellectual disabilities
- Have control over their homes in the neighborhood of their choosing.
- Receive support services consistent with the desires and changing needs of the individual.
- Make informed choices about where they live and services they receive.
- Benefit from services, regardless of the nature or severity of their disability.
What we do:
- Money Management
- Meal Preparation & Nutrition
- Home Maintenance
- Medical Appointments
- Decision-Making Skill Building
- Mobility Training/Transportation
- Community Access
- Communication & Human Relations
- Emergency Assistance
- Parenting Training