September 23, 2021
- Roberto Velasco, Unit Chief for North America for the Secretariat of Foreign Affairs, welcomed delegates and shared insights on the High-Level Economic Dialogue between the U.S. and Mexico to strengthen our global competitiveness.
- A message from Baja governor-elect, Marina del Pilar Avila Olmeda. The Chamber will be meeting with her and her team in the coming weeks.
- Secretary of Economy Tatiana Coulthier shared an update on the implementation of USMCA, including ongoing conversations with the U.S. to follow up on discrepancies between each party’s interpretation of the rules of origin.
- A conversation with members from the Mexican Senate.
- A panel with agencies involved in advancing the Otay Mesa East Port of Entry, reiterating their commitment to complete the project by 2024.
- A roundtable discussion with the Mexican section of the IBWC, the National Water Commission, and NADBank on efforts to address transboundary pollution.
We look forward to continued collaboration with Mexico and going back to Mexico City next year. Check out our Twitter thread for more highlights of the summit.