June 22, 2022
The Chamber presented to the San Diego City Council COVID committee this week to discuss:
- Positive unemployment numbers that came out last week
- The role of the Chamber in supporting the business community through COVID – including guidance to all businesses on workplace regulations and over 150,000 units of free PPE being distributed
- COVID-19 at the workplace and uncertainty about how to respond to positive tests now that we have so many resources for treatment
- Cost of living challenges: childcare, housing
- Economic uncertainty: how do small and medium businesses defensively position themselves with the increasing likelihood of a recession?
- What opportunities are there going forward: public/private partnerships; connections to capital; keeping administrative costs low for business