The Transportation & Land Development Committee addresses public policy decisions concerning the built environment in which our region lives and works. Priorities of this Committee including housing affordability which impacts employee attraction and retention, major land use development and the transportation system that connects everything.
The Transportation & Land Development Committee meets the third Tuesday of each month at 7:30 a.m. at the Chamber office located at 402 West Broadway, Suite 1000.
If you’re interested in learning more about our policy committees or would like to join the Transportation & Land Development Committee, contact Sophie Barnhorst at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Focus Statement:
The Chamber’s Transportation & Land Development Committee is focused on maintaining and improving regional infrastructure, housing affordability and land uses which promote business and economic development.
2020 Policy Platform:
The Chamber’s Transportation & Land Development Committee is committed to supporting local, state and federal legislation that:
- Supports efforts to increase the supply of all types of housing by reducing regulatory
delay, costs and other unnecessary impediments to building additional units with
the understanding that a shortage of units in any income group impact housing
affordability and access to housing across all price points;
- Increases affordable housing and middle-income housing stock;
- Accommodates the region’s projected population growth by including business-friendly
policies and anticipated technological improvements in infrastructure, housing, planning, funding, maintenance and improvement;
- Supports the furtherance of the Smart City model throughout the region by utilizing
new technologies and their respective infrastructure;
- Advances innovation and private investment in broadband networks by promoting
light touch regulation of the interstate processing of information;
- Provides solutions to mobility and goods movement challenges in the region; and
- Establishes a Regional Transportation Plan that reflects the needs of the business
- Continues to encourage economic growth, housing and development in locations
where infrastructure is available or can be easily provided, utilizing a variety of
different transportation modes.
Current committee chairs
Chair: Claudia Escala, carrier johnson + CULTURE
Vice Chair: Matthew Boomhower, Southern Cross Property Consultants