What is child abuse? Child abuse is when a parent or caregiver, whether through action or failing to act, causes injury, death, emotional harm or risk of serious harm to a child. There are many forms of child maltreatment, including neglect, physical abuse, sexual abuse, exploitation, and emotional abuse. Here are a few facts:
- A report of a child abuse is made every 10 seconds in the U.S.
- FIVE Children DIE every day as a result of child abuse
- One in Four girls will be sexually abused before they turn 18
The Childhelp approach to ending child abuse:
At Childhelp, our goal is to meet the physical, emotional, educational, and spiritual needs of abused, neglected and at-risk children. We focus our efforts on prevention, intervention, and treatment. Childhelp programs and services help children from any situation and let them experience the life they deserve: one filled with love.
Childhelp Programs Include:
- Prevention Programs – We are working to bring these prevention programs (Speak Up Be Safe for Educators; Speak Up Be Safe for Athletes) to San Diego schools & children’s programs.
- Intervention Programs
- The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-4-A-CHILD
- Childhelp Foster Care & Adoptive Services
- Group Homes
- Treatment Program – Residential Treatment Facility in Southern California
Join us for the 29th Annual Holiday Fantasia
Date: Saturday, November 21, 2015
Location: Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa – 9700 North Torrey Pines Road; La Jolla, CA 92037
Time: 10:00am – 3:00pm
Event Website: www.childhelp.org/holidayfantasia
Online Auction: www.biddingforgood.com/sd-childhelp
Includes: Reception, Boutique Shopping, Fashion Show, Luncheon, Speakers, Award Ceremony, Opportunity Chance, Silent & Live Auction