most comprehensive provider of services to children and adults with disabilities in San Diego County and serves more than 2,000 individuals countywide. For almost 70 years, The Arc of San Diego has remained committed to its mission of supporting and empowering individuals with disabilities to achieve their life’s goals. Through a wide spectrum of programs, The Arc of San Diego offers support for individuals with disabilities throughout every stage in life.
- Early Intervention Services: Provides family-centered early educational services for children from birth to three years old with developmental delays or at risk for delay. Educates parents and caregivers on how to interact with and teach their children.
- Day Training Services: Provides support with essential life skills such as communication and behavioral management, money management, computer literacy, American Sign Language, bilingual instruction, and more.
- Employment Services: Provides job placement and vocational training in a variety of industries that includes employment preparation and ongoing support.
- Respite Services: Gives families short-term relief by providing care for a loved one with a disability in-home or in our weekend, overnight Respite House.
- Residential Services: The Arc staffs 10 residential homes, allowing individuals with disabilities to safely live as independently as they can.
- Independent Living Services: Supports individuals living on their own by helping with household and money management, health and safety, accessing community resources, and recreational activities.
- Tailored Day Service Option: Provides vocational, educational, and recreational goal support for adults with disabilities designed to meet each client’s unique needs in the community.
- Personal and Leisure Services: Offers recreational activities and excursions that help participants build relationships with peers including yoga, fitness, and nutrition classes as well as art and music therapies.