- This event has passed.
Webinar Series: Leading in a New Reality
November 18 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Presented by LEAD San Diego in partnership with JONES and ABC 10News
Today’s world is a scary and uncertain place. The pandemic, social injustice, distance learning, working from home, and the recent election – all of that is creating depression, anxiety, and exhaustion in our everyday lives. What are some ways we can cope with all this extra pressure? And how do we, as leaders of teams and families, help the people who depend on us?
Our featured speakers this week include psychologist Briana Boyd, Ph.D., program specialist Tami Hester Johnson, and behavioral health specialist Tina Casola. The conversation will be moderated by LEAD Vice President Elizabeth Fitzsimons.
To view all previous programs in this series, visit sdchamber.org/lead/webinars.
As requested during a previous program, we have compiled a reading list and a list of organizations to support.
Recommended reading list:
- How to Be an Antiracist, by Ibram X. Kendi
- Between the World the World and Me, by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- A People’s History of the United States, by Howard Zinn
- Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria: And Other Conversations About Race, by Beverly Daniel Tatum
- How to Be an Inclusive Leader, by Jennifer Brown
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindedness, by Michelle Alexander
San Diego organizations to support:
- The Blue Heart Foundation
- Paving Great Futures
- Reality Changers
- STEAM Collaborative
- San Diego Central Black Chamber
- NAACP, San Diego Branch
- RISE San Diego
This is the thirteenth webinar in our series, Leading in a New Reality. Watch the previous episodes:
- The New Normal
- Boundaries & Schedules
- Strengths at Work
- Leading Through Crisis
- Managing Mental Health & Emotional Balance Through Uncertainty
- Community Service During Crisis: How to Serve at a Distance (AUDIO ONLY)
- Turning Point
- Ask the Experts
- Change Starts with Us
- Raising Kids to Raise Questions
- Understanding White Privilege & What it Means to be Anti-Racist
- Building Inclusion & Anti-Racism as a Core Part of Our New Normal