- This event has passed.
Webinar Series: Leading in a New Reality
December 9, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Careers & Recruiting with a Post-2020 Perspective
Presented by LEAD San Diego in partnership with JONES and ABC 10News
With a global pandemic and calls for social justice and equity, 2020 was a year full of change. We all were required to think quickly and adapt. It forced us to think long and hard about our values and what we can – and are called to – do, as organizations and individuals. What has the impact been on our careers and long-term plans? How have organizations changed how and who they hire? Are new skill sets in demand? Is there a more thoughtful approach to diversity and inclusion? And what about our young people – are they rethinking their plans, and what they imagine for their lives and careers?
Our featured speakers this week include executive coach Azadeh Davari, executive recruiter Trevor Blair, and Reality Changers CEO Tamara Craver. The conversation will be moderated by LEAD Vice President Elizabeth Fitzsimons.
To view all previous programs in this series, visit sdchamber.org/lead/webinars.
As requested during a previous program, we have compiled a reading list and a list of organizations to support.
Recommended reading list:
- How to Be an Antiracist, by Ibram X. Kendi
- Between the World the World and Me, by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- A People’s History of the United States, by Howard Zinn
- Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria: And Other Conversations About Race, by Beverly Daniel Tatum
- How to Be an Inclusive Leader, by Jennifer Brown
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindedness, by Michelle Alexander
San Diego organizations to support:
- The Blue Heart Foundation
- Paving Great Futures
- Reality Changers
- STEAM Collaborative
- San Diego Central Black Chamber
- NAACP, San Diego Branch
- RISE San Diego
This is the thirteenth webinar in our series, Leading in a New Reality. Watch the previous episodes:
- The New Normal
- Boundaries & Schedules
- Strengths at Work
- Leading Through Crisis
- Managing Mental Health & Emotional Balance Through Uncertainty
- Community Service During Crisis: How to Serve at a Distance (AUDIO ONLY)
- Turning Point
- Ask the Experts
- Change Starts with Us
- Raising Kids to Raise Questions
- Understanding White Privilege & What it Means to be Anti-Racist
- Building Inclusion & Anti-Racism as a Core Part of Our New Normal